Teams are groups of users with similar privileges or simply that share common tasks on the Onsite System.
Kindly follow the below steps to add/setup each project's Teams:
1) Make sure you are logged-in to the right project using the Web Dashboard of the Onsite System.
2) Only if you are logged-in with "Project Admin" privileges will you be able to see the "Setup" menu item on the left.
3) Click on "Setup"
4) Click on the "Teams" sub-menu item under the "Setup" main menu item
5) To Add a new Team, click on the "ADD TEAMS" button located on the top-right section of the Teams interface
- You can choose to Add the Team details using the web interface provided. In this case, please click on the "Add New Team" under the "ADD TEAMS" button-menu. Simply fill-in the Team's information and most importantly the "Role" (check the Note at the end for further details) and then click "Create".
- You can choose to Add the Team details by importing from the Company's library (Clone or Copy). In this case, please click on the "Import From Company Library" under the "ADD TEAMS" button-menu. The below interface is displayed. Simply select the Team you want to import or "clone", edit the details you want changed for the new team, click the "Import" button at the bottom of the page to confirm.
- You can choose to Add the Team details by importing from Excel. In this case, please click on the "Import From Excel" under the "ADD TEAMS" button-menu. An Excel Template file can be downloaded from the interface shown by clicking on "Download Template Excel". If you have a ready Excel to upload, simply click on the folder/browse icon , select the file from your computer and submit. The File is then uploaded and loaded to be used as the new team.
6) To edit a team, click on the edit button next to the team you want to edit. If the user is disabled on company level, then you will receive a notification saying that the user is disabled on company level and you are unable to edit it. Otherwise, you will be redirected to the edit form.
7) In the Edit form, you have at the bottom the feature to change the user password either by resetting the password or by editing the current one. You also have the feature to send the password by email by clicking on "Email Password" button.
8) To edit the team's permissions, click on the permission button next to the team you want to edit its permissions.
A new form will open having two tabs: Team Permissions and Category Permissions:
- Team Permissions: You will have the list of all the teams and next to each team you will have a drop down list with the available roles with the role access to the related team selected. You can change the role for each team one by one or you can apply same role for all the teams by clicking "Apply to All" button at the top.
- Category Permissions: You will have the list of categories with the ability to Activate/Deactivate each category for the selected team.
9) You can check the list of the associated users by clicking on users button
* Default Roles are of several types:
- No Access: this type is usually used with teams that you want to revoke all privileges from. Teams with this role set cannot access the system anymore.
- Viewer: this role allows the assigned team to only view certain plans and issues.
- Sub-Contractor: this role is usually assigned to actual sub-contracting teams. They can only view and update issues assigned to them.
- Contractor: this role is usually assigned to actual contracting teams. They can only view and update issues assigned to them and close issues they assigned to sub-contracting teams.
- Consultant: this role is usually assigned to actual consultancy teams. They can add, view, update, and close issues they assigned to contracting/sub-contracting teams and only view and update issues assigned to them by Clients or Tenants.
- Client: this role is usually assigned to actual client representative teams. They can add, view, update, and close issues they assigned to consulting/contracting/sub-contracting teams.
- Tenant: this role is usually assigned to single unit owners. They can add, view, update, and close issues they assigned to consulting/contracting/sub-contracting teams.
You can further add new Roles by visiting the "Roles" section under "Setup".